Peru weather count with a variety of climates due to the influence of the following phenomena:
• The Andes: travels the country longitudinally and divides air masses from the Pacific and Atlantic, establishing a barrier to the movement of the winds.
• The Peruvian Oceanic Current: about 200 km wide, flowing from south to north and has masses of cold water, what motivates a restricted evaporation, atmospheric stability and the lack of rain on the coast.
• The South Pacific anticyclone: high pressure, with circulation of winds from south to north, which collect the moisture and carry it to shore, where they condense into clouds and persistent low from May to October, high atmospheric humidity.
• These conditions are that Peru has a high diversity of types of weather:
• Semi-warm weather very dry or desert: with very little rainfall (150 mm / year). Understand the coast to 2,000 m, and determines its aridity.
• Warm weather very dry: on the north coast (Piura and Tumbes) and up to 1.000 meters. Dry, with low rainfall (200 mm / year), and average temperatures of 24 ° C.
• Temperate sub-humid: in the mountains between 1,000 and 3,000 meters, with temperatures around 20 º C and rainfall between 500 and 1,200 mm / year.
• Cold weather: typical of the valleys between 3,000 and 4,000 meters. The average rainfalls are 700 mm / year and the average temperature around 12 º C. With frost during the winter.
• Cold Climate: between 4,000 and 5,000 meters. With an average rainfall of 700 mm and average temperatures of 6 º C. Rainy summers and dry winters.
• Climate of snow or icy: Up to 5,000 meters and with temperatures below 0 º C. It is the climate of the high peaks with snow.
• Wet Weather semi warm: on the eastern slopes of the Andes, with rainfall about 2,000 mm / year and temperatures below 22 º C. There are local variations.
• Warm weather wet or humid tropical region: dominant in the lowland. Rainfall is around 2.000 mm / year, and has an average temperature of 25 ° C, with extreme values above 30 ° C.
The variety of climates allows a high biological diversity.
At the following links you will find more weather information about other destinations.