The temple of the Cathedral is located on the side of the Plaza de Armas.
Construction began in the seventeenth century the work of building the temple linger long enough. In the year 1686 was completed the cover right side called St. Michael the Archangel, next to the chapel of the Tabernacle.Its facade is a refined example of Baroque art.
Its main altar is completely covered in gold leaf.
On October 27, 1762 took place the consecration of the Temple by the Bishop of Trujillo Don Francisco Javier de Luna Victoria. The facade of the cathedral has three entrances.
At the top without a bell tower, which contains the baptistery.
The panels between the columns, have a space for images, are completely covered with large carved decoration. The spiral columns are wrapped with the reasons for the grapes.
Attic section of the front side are European style.
Besides of this Cathedral wasn´t finished, could preserved the beauty of their work, and stone carving